Monday, May 17, 2010

life changes.

Well, Kevin Johnson has a blog. Why? I don't know.

Why do we get blogs? It's to tell people about you.

I'm not that interesting.

But I think people need community and this opens up that option. It's important to tell your story. Whatever you've been through, you have a story to tell. I don't see myself telling my story in one big post but you'll soon know my story.

God is wrecking my life.

One year ago, I thought I was a christian. I thought I had it going on. I thought playing in the worship band once a week and going to church made me a christian. I knew that I had a lot of sin in my life but I also knew that I had grace. I was right in a way, I did have grace. But from where I am at now, I do not believe I was a real christian until just very recently.

God made himself evident in my life. I felt like I had a purpose for living. It was something I had never felt before. He made me realize that I hadn't been a living like a true disciple of him and it honestly started to kill me. But this realization wasn't necessarily an overnight thing. Through the work of the spirit in conversations, life experiences, and certain people, God was moving in my life. I didn't even see it.

I was blind.

I think he finally took my blinders off. He showed me things and made me see them in a new perspective and my sight is clearer everyday.

I'm not to say my life is a cakewalk though. I am just as much a sinner now as I was a year ago, or two years ago, or ten years ago. But the cross I now follow is ten times as big as before.

That's what Jesus does to us. As we fall more and more in love with him, the cross gets bigger and bigger. Our sin becomes heavier on our hearts as we mature in our walk.

I still think I'm a baby. I have a long way to go. But he's helping grow.

This verse... it has to be shared. It changed my life.

24Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it."

-Kev

2 comments:

  1. Kev,
    I'm so proud of you, you have grown so much and yes, we are all babies, but your doing great! We're in this together, I'm glad your sharing it!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude its been great getting to know you and grow in Christ alongside you and our friendship. God has got major plans for those willing to deny themselves for the Kingdom. I am very proud of you bro for your willingness to be transformed by the Spirit. I'm walking this journey with you as a brother in Christ!

    ReplyDelete