Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Flesh

I've had some amazing conversation tonight. And a ton of stuff is in my head anyways because its finals week. But at the end of the conversation, all three of us came to the same conclusion. Flesh. Or sin. Basically that not of God. It's so easy to look to other things to satisfy when things get rough. I don't even know all of the negative things happening right now. But I know that with myself personally, I will so easily take my eyes off of Jesus and fall off the path.

This is such a fleshly world. This world longs for our soul. It longs for our attention, and a lot of the time it receives it. But, we have a God in heaven who also longs for our soul, demands our attention, and he WILL receive it. This is the battle we face every day with our sinful fleshly nature. But we are NOT of this world, for our citizenship is in heaven. Best and easiest thing to do is to get into the word and pray with God.

Here is some scripture that I hope can encourage you, especially in this time of the year.

"But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit." - Romans 7:6

Also I just wanna say that I feel like the entire book of Philippians is a goldmine. Those are kind of Tyler Ray's words after I called it cash money (could be considered world and flesh, but really it is holy and Godly cash money so no worries).

"Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
Philippians 3:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment